Bodywork for Equines | 1-Day Workshop | March 2, 2018 | Deland, Florida
Curly Dee Ranch, DeLand, Florida
One-day Equine Body Balance workshop focusing on common challenges for horses, i.e. stiffness, locomotion, soft tissue & structural pain. No prerequisites.
Class will address inefficiency in movement, resistance to common requests such as girthing, gait change, lameness, anxiety, etc. How can we bring greater mobility and efficiency to the horse with sustainable bodywork? What can we change and what will remain the same?
Learn valuable, specific techniques to benefit your horse’s health and range of motion in a supportive class setting.
- Approaching the horse – greeting, coming into connection.
- Assessment: observe the horse, the gait, movement patterns and gestures.
- Techniques such as lifting legs in position of comfort, caving around an area of pain, addressing trigger points.
- Learning to feel tissue differences, i.e., sinewy, squishy, tissue with bounce-back, hard
- Response: Learn to notice the horse’s ability to respond to the treatment, including reflexive action. Learn to work at the level of each horse, and tailor the session to the needs of the individual horse.
- Take home materials.
The work helps:
- reduce stress
- improve well being
- relieve pain
- address structural challenges, arthritis and lameness
Equine Body Balance (TM) is informed and shaped by Equine Ortho-Bionomy and Equine Positional Release (EPR). This gentle, but effective, non-force approach uses elements of healing that are in concert with the body’s natural tendencies.
Friday, March 2, 2018
Location: Curly Dee Ranch, 1725 W. Beresford Rd, DeLand, FL 32720
Time: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Cost: $200. If you sign up for both the Bodywork for Equines and the Equine Liberty from the Heart Workshop, you are eligible for a $25 discount on the total price. Contact Susan for $25 discount.